Walt Disney World’s newest transportation system the Disney Skyliner, opened in September of 2019 and has been an exciting, high-flying way to navigate Walt Disney World since. Reminiscent of Magic Kingdom’s Skyway of old, this system uses gondola cabins to whisk guests from select resort to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot
The resorts that have Disney Skyliner station are, Disney’s Art of Animation, Disney’s Pop Century, Disney’s Caribbean Beach, and Disney’s Riviera Resort. Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Boardwalk Resort are all walking distance to the International Gateway at Epcot station as well.
Navigating the Skyliner can be quite simple, but may appear tricky to a first timer:
To reach Hollywood Studios from Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century, and Riviera resorts:
1. Board a gondola headed to Disney’s Caribbean Beach.
2. Once you arrive at Caribbean Beach, disembark your gondola and board a new gondola headed to Disney’s Hollywood Studio’s.
3. To get back to your resort, board a gondola headed to Caribbean Beach, once you arrive at the central hub you will once again disembark and follow the signs to the lines headed towards your resort.
To reach Epcot from Art of Animation and Pop Century:
1. Board a gondola headed to Caribbean Beach.
2. Once there disembark and board a new gondola headed to Disney’s Riviera Resort/Epcot. You will descend into the Riviera Resort station, however you will remain on the gondola through the station and take off once again toward Epcot.
3. From Caribbean Beach you will either walk to the Riviera Resort station or the Caribbean Beach station and board a gondola toward Riviera Resort/Epcot.
4. To return to your resort you will once again board a gondola headed toward Riviera Resort, if you are headed to a different Skyliner resort, you will not disembark at Riviera Resort and continue to the central hub at Caribbean Beach.
It seems a little complicated, but personally I think the relaxing nature of the Skyliner is worth it! Other fun things you can visit from the Skyliner include Disney’s Boardwalk entertainment district which includes Jellyrolls, amazing dining, boardwalk games and puts you walkable to the Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf near Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Hotels.
Other need to know information includes:
Each gondola has room for up to 10 passengers (6 if a wheelchair/ECV or stroller is on board) so you may ride with another party.
You may not have to fold your stroller to board the gondola if it falls within a certain size.
Disney’s Skyliner does not run in inclement weather. In this case additional busses will run to your Walt Disney World resort.
Ready to Plan a Vacation?
Friend Like Me Travel Co. helps busy families just like yours plan the vacations of their dreams and provides services completely tailored to you and your needs. Click below to get started and one of our Genies will be in touch!