I love taking my daughter to Walt Disney World! We’ve taken her multiple times since she turned two and have been able to try so many experiences in each of the four theme parks. Below are some of our favorites!
Magic Kingdom – This is the quintessential theme park that most people think of when you say Walt Disney World! Home to Cinderella’s Castle, this theme park makes fantasy feel like a reality!
1. Dumbo The Flying Elephant is one of the most iconic attractions in this park, and I believe every child (and adult for that matter) should ride it at least once! The wonderful thing about this attraction is that the queue is an actual indoor playground with so much to do for littles, and has seating and air conditioning for tired parents! You will be given a pager when you get in line that will go off when it’s your turn to go ride!
2. The Festival of Fantasy Parade is absolutely amazing!! You and your child will see all sorts of classic Disney characters from Mickey and Minnie to Cinderella and Peter Pan. There’s something absolutely magical about watching all of your favorite characters parade down Main Street USA, and the sparkle in your little’s eyes while they experience it is nothing short of amazing!
3. Lunch at Crystal Palace is sure to please any fan of Winnie the Pooh! This is a Character dining experience where you get to meet Pooh and all of his friends. This is a buffet meal that will satisfy the pickiest of eaters. The great news is that your kiddos under 3 will be able to eat right off of your plate FOR FREE!
EPCOT – Many people will tell you that this theme park is not kid-friendly, but I’m here to tell you that they are wrong! There are so many things to do in this theme park for all ages while you explore nature, space, and 11 different countries.
1. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is an adorable, slow-moving, attraction with no minimum height requirement! It will take you through the story of Finding Nemo, and the ride ends inside of a giant aquarium! Here your littles can go talk to everyone’s favorite turtle at Turtle Talk with Crush and see all sorts of beautiful sea creatures up close. There is also a really cool scavenger hunt for anyone to participate in.
2. In each of the 11 countries represented in the World Showcase, there is a Kidcot Fun Stop where kids can go up and collect a cool coloring picture and sticker! They can also ask the cast member there any questions they want about that country. It’s a cool way to immerse them in other cultures, and to keep them busy while you snack (or take a few sips) around the world.
3. There are so many wonderful things to eat in EPCOT, but if you are in need of a nice sit-down in the middle of the day, I highly recommend Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion. This character dining experience typically includes Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto. The platform that your table is on revolves in a large circle for you to enjoy views of the attraction called Living with the Land. I promise, you can barely tell that the table is moving (and I am very sensitive to motion). Living with the Land is a pretty cool boat ride that takes you through the EPCOT greenhouses where much of the food used in this park (and throughout the whole resort) is grown! This attraction may be great to go on first if you want to convince your little one to eat their veggies at Garden Grill 😉
Hollywood Studios – While there are only two rides in this park with no height requirements, there is still SO much to do for littles of all ages!
1. My daughter’s favorite attraction here is Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. This ride does not have a height requirement and is actually the ONLY ride in all of Walt Disney World to feature our two favorite mice! Enjoy while you set off on a train ride with Goofy only for things to go a bit haywire.
2. Disney Junior Dance Party is one of the most awesome shows for kids this age! They get to sing and dance along with their favorite Disney Junior characters to their favorite Disney Channel songs. Parents are more than welcome to sit and relax, while kiddos are encouraged to get up and move! The air conditioning is also a big bonus. Just outside of the show, your kids will be able to meet Pluto, Doc McStuffins, Vampirina, and Fancy Nancy.
3. While not a character dining experience, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater is probably one of the cooler dining experiences for adults and children alike. Inside the restaurant, you will be seated IN A CAR! On the wall in front of you is also a giant screen so it feels like you are eating lunch or dinner at a drive in! Kids love this experience, and many adults do as well. The menu is nothing adventurous, so picky eaters won’t have a hard time finding something they will enjoy.
Animal Kingdom – This nature-centered theme park is way more than just a zoo! There is amazing food, brilliant theming, and incredible shows to watch.
1. Start off your day on Kilimanjaro Safaris! In this attraction your safari guide will escort you through Harambe Wildlife Reserve in an open-air truck where you will encounter many of your kiddo’s favorite African animals! Some fan favorites include lions, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, hippos, and crocodiles. Your little is sure to enjoy pointing out all of the different animals they know while the safari guide educates along the way. While this ride has no height requirement, it is not recommended for expecting mothers due to how bumpy the dirt road is.
2. Enjoy an amazing live production of The Festival of the Lion King! This show features all of your favorite Lion King songs, amazing dancing and singing, and spectacular acrobatics! It’s a longer show, but with all of the songs your little one already loves, they are unlikely to realize how long it is.
3. Take the Wildlife Express Train out to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Here you will be able to take a drawing class, learn about wildlife conservation, visit a petting zoo, and on some days even watch a veterinarian performing procedures!
Are you ready to take your little ones to Walt Disney World? Be sure to request a quote and let me help you choose the best experiences for YOUR family!
Ready to Plan a Vacation?
Friend Like Me Travel Co. helps busy families just like yours plan the vacations of their dreams and provides services completely tailored to you and your needs. Click below to get started and one of our Genies will be in touch!