Friend Like Me Travel Co. Booking and Payment Terms and Conditions
By signing up for travel services through Friend Like Me Travel Co. (“Company”), you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of yourself, any minor children, and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, (hereinafter referred to as “Client”). These Terms are effective as of the date you confirmed that you have read and accepted these terms on our website.
1. Relationship. Company will provide travel booking services to Client. Client understands and agrees that results are not guaranteed. All bookings are subject to availability. If a property, supplier, activity, or area is deleted for any reason, Company may replace it with a comparable one (as determined by Company’s sole discretion).
2. Payment. Client authorizes Company to charge the credit card or bank account indicated on payment invoices. Final payment is due prior to departure according to each supplier’s terms and conditions.
3. Client Authority. Client warrants that they are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to make travel bookings with Company. Client agrees to be financially responsible for all of the travel bookings (as well as for use of Client’s account by others, including, without limitation, all minors that are included in Client’s travel booking). Client agrees to supervise all usage of Company communications by minors under Client’s name or account. Client also warrants that all information supplied by Client or members of Client’s travel party transacting business with Company is true and accurate. Without limitation, any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand is prohibited. Client agrees that the travel services reservations facilities provided by Company shall be used only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for Client or for another person for whom Client is legally authorized to act.
4. Client Prerequisites. Client will review all travel documents for accuracy upon receipt. Client understands that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires that Client carry a government issued identification card in order to board a flight. Client has been advised that the name, date of birth and gender that appears on the identification card must exactly match the same data that is listed on airline tickets and in booking records. Client acknowledges that failure to strictly comply with these requirements may result in denied boarding or an undue delay at an airport security checkpoint causing missed flight and additional costs. Client understands that, if traveling internationally, Client must have a valid passport and, depending upon Client’s destination and nationality, Client may need to obtain one or more visas or vaccinations. Client understands that it is their responsibility to confirm and ensure compliance with all travel related laws, including but not limited to entry and exit, past criminal offense laws, banned substances, visa, quarantine, and vaccination requirements, in each country to which they travel.
5. Booking Alterations. If Client decides to change any portion of your confirmed arrangements prior to departure, the Company will attempt to assist in making these changes. An administrative charge of $150.00 per change may apply where deemed necessary. In the event that it is to be charged, an invoice for the change will be sent. Changes will not be made until the invoice is paid.
Company reserves the right to cancel any itinerary or any part of it, to make such alterations in the itinerary as it deems necessary or desirable, to refuse to accept or to retain as a member of any tour any person at any time, and to pass on to customers any expenditure occasioned by delays or events beyond its control, including fuel increases. In case of any appreciable variation in its cost, Company reserves the right to adjust its rates.
6. Additional Costs. UNLESS SET FORTH IN WRITING, AIRLINE RESERVATIONS MAY NOT BE INCLUDED IN YOUR TRAVEL PLANS. In such an event, it is the customer’s responsibility to make appropriate air arrangements, as well as transportation to and from the destination where the travel booking originates and returns. Every attempt has been made to include all taxes in your package. In rare instances, departure taxes must be paid in cash only, upon departure from a country, and may vary in price.
7. Itinerary Planning. All plans made are based on availability. Pricing is subject to change at any time, however, once the payment is made, the price is protected from future increases. There are no guarantees or indications of availability. The Agent is not responsible for attraction downtimes, closures, weather delays or cancellations. All fees are nonrefundable and the Client may not downgrade.
Clients may request up to 3 changes to their plans (which will be made based on availability). After that, each change will incur a change fee of $25. The change fee applies to itinerary pieces including, but not limited to, dining and specialty reservations.
Clients will be contacted via email with reminders that important planning dates are upcoming with the proper procedure for letting the travel agent know their selections. In the event of no response, the agent will take that as notice that the client intends to book that portion of the trip themself. No refund (partial or full) will be given if services are not claimed. Company is not responsible for emails going to spam.
Client understands that the Walt Disney Company has STRICTLY prohibited travel agents from booking any park reservations for clients and the Client will be responsible for booking that themselves regardless of the service tier the client has chosen.
The fee paid is towards the original set of dates. If the dates of the vacation change, the fee will be null & void. In the event that your vacation package is canceled, all plans made by the Company associated with the trip will also be canceled by the Company. In the event that the Client makes changes without first consulting the Company, the changes will not reflect the Company’s work.
8. Travel Insurance. Company strongly recommends that Client purchase travel insurance to cover risks inherent in travel such as supplier bankruptcy and the inability to travel due to a medical or personal emergency. Company strongly recommends purchasing your travel arrangements with a credit card, in order to exercise Client’s rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act if you do not receive the services you purchased.
9. Client Cancellation of Travel. Company does not provide refunds or exchanges for unused or canceled trips or portions of trips. Canceled trips are subject to the Company and Supplier cancellation policies outlined in Section 10.
10. Company Cancellation for Failure to Pay. If final and full payment is not received by the applicable due date, reservations are subject to cancellation and deposits shall be forfeited at Company’s sole discretion. As a result of such cancellation, Company’s and third party supplier’s cancellation penalties will apply. Company will refund you 100% of whatever the supplier refunds to Company, except for Company’s cancellation fee as detailed on your Company invoice. All cancellation fees will be charged to the credit card that the Client authorized to pay for travel services. This transaction is not covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund, and Company is not a participant in said Fund. All payments are run through vendors’ payment systems unless otherwise noted and therefore refunds are at the discretion and timing of the supplier. Company is not liable or responsible for providing these refunds.
11. Client’s Responsibility. Client agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of purchase imposed by Company and any supplier with whom Client elects to deal, including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the supplier’s rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of fares, products, or services. Client understands that any violation of any such supplier’s conditions of purchase may result in the cancellation of Client’s reservation(s) or purchase, in Client being denied access to any flights, hotels, cruises, or automobiles, in Client forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s) or purchase, and in Company debiting Client’s account for any costs Company incurs as a result of such violation. Client shall be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of Client’s travel bookings through access provided by Company.
12. Disclaimer of Travel Information. Client understands and confirms that Company has provided Client with the best available information at the time regarding travel. Company has no special knowledge of the financial condition, unsafe conditions, health hazards, weather hazards, or climate extremes of the Travel Suppliers or Client’s travel destinations. Client understands and agrees that any and all information provided by Company is made available solely for general information purposes. Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information and does not warrant that travel to any locations is advisable or without risk. Company disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information. Any reliance that Client places on such information is strictly at their own risk. For information concerning possible dangers at destinations, Company recommends contacting the Travel Warnings Section of the U.S. State Department at (202) 647-5225 or http://www.travel.state.gov. For medical information, Company recommends contacting the Centers for Disease Control at (877) FYI-TRIP or http://www.cdc.gov/travel. Client assumes full and complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all travel information, including but not limited to passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry or exit requirements, and all conditions regarding health, safety, security, political stability, and labor or civil unrest at all locations to which Client travels.
13. Travel Agent as Intermediary. Client understands and agrees that Company acts as an intermediary for Travel Suppliers (“Suppliers”), including but not limited to airlines, hotels, car-rental companies, tour operators, cruise lines, travel destinations, or other service providers listed in Client’s booking. Company is not responsible for acts or omissions of the Travel Suppliers or their failure to provide services. The transportation, accommodations, and other services provided by the identified sea, ground, and air operators offered are subject to the terms and conditions contained in the tickets, exchange orders, or vouchers issued by them and/or their suppliers. Client consents to and requests the use of those Suppliers and agrees not to hold Company responsible should any of these Suppliers fail to provide the travel services purchased, fail to comply with applicable laws, engage in acts or omissions that cause injury, damage, delay, or inconvenience, or impose additional price increases or restrictions on participation or entry. Additionally, Company shall not assume any responsibility for any air and/or ground schedule changes.
14. Seller of Travel. Company is a registered seller of travel in California, CST 2146762, Florida, #ST43019 and Washington State Seller of Travel 604752560. Seller of Travel laws require all sellers of travel to have a trust account or bond. Company. maintains a trust account for all client payments and deposits as required.
15. Force Majeure. Company will not be liable or responsible to Client, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in performance when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond Company’s or Supplier’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, weather (including volcanic eruptions, ash, wind) acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, wildlife, governmental actions, war or threats of war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, quarantines, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to Company’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting independent contractors or independent services or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage. In the event of a cancellation due to Force Majeure, Company shall be entitled to deduct from any refund recoverable the reasonable actual and potential costs to Company of the Force Majeure and applicable cancellation fees.
(a) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO CLIENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, MULTIPLE, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, COMPANY’S ACTS OR FAILURE TO ACT, TRAVEL SUPPLIER’S ACTS OR FAILURE TO ACT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT THE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE COMMISSIONS PAID TO COMPANY BY TRAVEL SUPPLIERS FOR THE SPECIFIC TRAVEL COVERED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
(b) Indemnification. Client agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, licensors, service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to this Agreement.
(c) Governing Law. The validity, interpretation, construction and performance of this Agreement, and all acts and transactions pursuant hereto and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Maryland, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law.
(d) Entire Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous discussions, understandings and agreements, whether oral or written, between them relating to the subject matter hereof.
(e) Amendments and Waivers. No modification of or amendment to this Agreement, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, shall be effective unless in writing signed by the parties to this Agreement. No delay or failure to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of that provision as to that or any other instance.
COVID-19 TRAVEL ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19, “Coronavirus”) is a known and rapidly evolving pandemic that is affecting travel worldwide, with continued spread and impacts expected.
Client is fully aware of the current global COVID-19 virus outbreak, the current travel restrictions, and inherent risks involved when choosing to travel. Client is aware that it is their personal decision to travel and is doing so with full knowledge of travel recommendations, restrictions, regulations, and risks with regards to COVID-19, as well as the possibility of future travel restrictions, and takes full responsibility for their actions with regards to traveling.
In consideration of the travel planning services provided to Client and with full knowledge and acceptance of the risks associated with travel, Client, on behalf of themselves, their minor children, and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) hereby releases, indemnifies, holds harmless and covenants not to sue Friend Like Me Travel Co. (“Company”), its officers, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, and any other person involved either directly or indirectly, from all claims, suits, expenses, attorney fees and demands of any nature (including negligence) caused by, deriving from, or associated with Client’s travel. Client makes these covenants, release and waivers knowingly and voluntarily. It is further understood and agreed that this COVID-19 Travel Assumption of Risk, Release and Waiver of Liability, and Indemnity Agreement is to be binding on Client’s heirs and assigns and Client signs it of their own free will.
Client understands and confirms that Company has provided Client with the best available information at the time regarding travel precautions, travel restrictions, and pandemic protection policies provided by governmental agencies of any location that Client is traveling to or through, as well as provided by all travel suppliers, including but not limited to: airports, airlines, hotels, cruises lines, tour agencies, transfer agencies and/or any other provider involved in Client’s booking. However, Client understands and agrees that government agencies and Travel Suppliers may not enforce or apply these travel precautions, travel restrictions, and pandemic protection policies and that some travelers may refuse to cooperate with these travel precautions, travel restrictions, and pandemic protection policies. Additionally, Client understands and agrees that the COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly changing situation and that all travel precautions, travel restrictions, and pandemic protection policies are subject to change at any time and without notice. Client also understands and agrees that any and all information provided by Company is made available solely for general information purposes. Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Company disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information. Any reliance that Client places on such information is strictly at their own risk. Client understands that it is their responsibility to check the latest travel information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak with the CDC (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices), the governmental agencies of any location that Client is traveling to or through, and with all Travel Suppliers, including but not limited to: airports, airlines, hotels, cruises lines, tour agencies, transfer agencies and/or any other provider involved in Client’s booking.
Client is aware of the specific travel warnings, travel restrictions, and travel rules in place for all locations in their travel itinerary, as well as the fact that travel warnings, restrictions, and rules are in place around the world. Client is also aware that future travel warnings, travel restrictions, and travel rules are likely to occur without notice. Client understands and accepts the risks and consequences of these travel warnings, restrictions, and rules. Client is also aware that immigration and traveling restrictions may be put in place before, during, or after traveling that may impede the ability to enter or exit travel locations or return home as planned. CLIENT HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND AGREES NOT SUE Company for consequences of these travel warnings, restrictions and rules, failure to enforce travel warnings, restrictions and rules, as well as travel warnings, restrictions and rules changing without notice.
Client is aware that additional travel screening procedures and restrictions may take place at various travel locations, including but not limited to: airports, airlines, hotels, cruises lines, trains, other methods of transport, tour agencies, transfer agencies, any provider involved in Client’s booking, and/or public areas. Client is aware that these restrictions may include mandatory face coverings, quarantines, temperature checks, and/or various other measures. Client acknowledges and agrees that, due to the nature of travel, social distancing measures, quarantine measures, pandemic prevention measures, health precautions, and/or the usage of face masks may not always be possible. CLIENT HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND AGREES NOT SUE Company for consequences of these travel procedures and restrictions, failure to enforce travel procedures and/or restrictions, as well as travel procedures and restrictions changing without notice.
CLIENT HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND AGREES NOT SUE Company for all consequences of traveling related to COVID-19, including but not limited to: travel warnings, travel restrictions, travel rules, illness, death, property damage, financial loss, costs, penalties, fees, fines, cancellations, postponements, quarantines, health regulations and/or screenings, regardless of whether these consequences are imposed by governmental agencies of the locations to which Client is traveling to and through and/or Travel Suppliers, including but not limited to: airlines, airports, hotels, cruises lines, tour agencies, transfer agencies, and/or any other provider involved in Client’s booking. Client further agrees not to institute a credit card dispute or “charge back” to Company for any of these reasons.
The undersigned acknowledges and understands that traveling may result in a higher risk of contracting COVID-19. The undersigned agrees and acknowledges that traveling may involve inherent danger and risk, including, without limitation, the risk of physical illness or injury, death, or property damage. The undersigned fully understands and appreciates both the known and potential dangers of traveling and acknowledges that traveling may, despite reasonable efforts to mitigate such dangers, result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability, and/or death. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND RISK OF ILLNESS, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE to the undersigned due to negligence, active or passive, or otherwise while traveling.
Client understands that it is their responsibility to obtain travel insurance to ensure they have coverage for all medical needs and trip cancellation. However, Client is aware that travel insurance generally only covers unforeseen events. Most insurers classify COVID-19 as a ‘known event’ and will not cover COVID-19 related cancellations, delays, quarantines, or additional costs or fees. Most policies also have a specific clause stating they do not cover epidemics and pandemics, especially when travel warnings are in place. Additionally, concerns or fear of travel is not a covered reason for cancellation and will not be covered by travel insurance. Client understands that he/she is bound by the terms of the insurance policy as it relates to Coronavirus/COVID-19. Client holds Company harmless for their election to not purchase travel insurance and/or any denial of claim by travel insurer as it relates to COVID-19 or any other claim under the policy.
CLIENT HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND AGREES NOT SUE the Company, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents (“Released Parties”) from all liability to the undersigned and all personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin of the undersigned from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, omissions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, claim, or injury, including property damage, illness or death, related to COVID-19 whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties, any third-parties, or otherwise, while traveling.
CLIENT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Company, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to any loss, damage, or injury, including property damage, personal illness or death, related to the travel services provided by Company, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties, any third parties, or otherwise specifically related to COVID-19.
CLIENT further expressly agrees that the foregoing ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Maryland law, and that if any of the provisions hereof are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Waiver of Liability as a whole. This waiver remains in effect until the State of Maryland limits all COVID-19 related mandates.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND FURTHER AGREE THAT NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR INDUCEMENT APART FROM THE FOREGOING WRITTEN AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN MADE. I AM AWARE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT I AM GIVING UP VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES FROM THE COMPANY IN CASE OF ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 WHILE TRAVELING AND ANY ILLNESS, INJURY, OR DEATH RESULTING FROM IT. I AM FULLY INFORMED OF THE RISKS INVOLVED IN TRAVELING TO DECIDE WHETHER TO SIGN THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ALL CLAIMS.
I have read and understand the terms of this COVID-19 Travel Assumption of Risk, Release and Waiver of Liability, and Indemnity Agreement and agree to its terms.