Traveling with allergies can be a huge cause for concern, so that is why we are here to help you find destinations that are safe for you! The risk of cross contamination, language barriers, and so much more provides stress and anxiety when choosing where to travel.
As a family who has experience with gluten and nut allergies, I can confidently tell you that Disney Cruise Line is an excellent option!
When booking your cruise, be sure you or your travel agent any allergies on the reservation. This ensures that on embarkation day, your head server and server discuss your allergies with you. Each night your meal will be safely be prepared separately and brought to you.
While Disney Cruise Line does their best to provide an allergy-friendly environment, here are a few tips to remember when sailing:
- Plan ahead – preparing allergy meals takes extra time, especially on the pool deck or in Cabanas/Marceline’s Market
- Utilize room service – room service does have a few gluten-free options, including chicken tenders, buffalo wings, salad, and grilled cheese
- Order meals in advance – you can order the next days breakfast, lunch, and dinner while at your rotational dining for dinner (this is especially important for Castaway Cay)
- Bring your own snacks – Disney Cruise Line allows pre-packaged food on board, and this may save you if you get off the ship in a port other than Castaway where you aren’t familiar with the food offerings
- Grab a cup for your ice cream at Eye Scream – they typically only have cones available which are not gluten-free so grab a cup from the drink station to take with you to put the ice cream in
Take a look at just a few of the gluten and nut-free dishes we experienced on our most recent Disney Cruise!
Ready to Plan a Vacation?
Friend Like Me Travel Co. helps busy families just like yours plan the vacations of their dreams and provides services completely tailored to you and your needs. Click below to get started and one of our Genies will be in touch!